Ingredients for approx. 40 tortillas
1kg flour (white)
1 teaspoon salt
250g vegetable fat e.g. INCA
500ml lukewarm water
(1) In a large bowl, mix the flour with the salt and the butter.
(2) Add the hot water gradually while mixing everything by hand. Small bubbles should form. Use all the water until a flat dough forms (flatten a bit with the surface of your hand and knead), cover and let it rest for about 10 min
(3) Form about 15-20 balls (the size of a golf ball) from the dough
(4) Roll out the balls by stretching the dough from top to bottom in a circular motion using a dough roller
(5) Heat a non-stick pan without oil (medium heat) and cook the tortillas one by one. Do not flip them until bubbles appear on the surface. Both sides should have light brown spots.
Eat immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Goes perfectly with: chilorio.